Monday, July 02, 2007

Artsy Fartsy Writing In Coffee Shops

So Kate and I are being the most cliche people on earth right now. We're sitting in a coffee shop downtown, surrounded by eclectic artwork, with our Macs, talking about books, and having deep conversations about celestial bodies, and nazis.
It's a lot of fun to say the least!

But, seriously, did anyone watch Wimbledon today? Serena Williams, as usual, tore it up...and I don't mean her calf muscle.  At 5-5 in the second set her left calf was cramping, and she fell over on court, and was screaming. She lost the second set in a tie-breaker, but get this...she won the match! She won the match! 6-2, in the third to advance to the quarterfinals. Regardless of if you like tennis, or Serena Williams, you have to hand it to her for coming back and winning with 1 and a half legs. The incredible valor that this woman has towards her sport is unmatched, and is the reason I love her so much. She is such an inspiration for athletes anywhere!

In other news, I am starting to feel a LOT better, thank you very much for asking. My sinus pressure is about 90% gone, my voice is 95% back, and I am coughing a lot less. I'm slowly finding my way back on court. I am dawdling all over the court, but slowly finding my rhythm. 

Well, Kate and I need to have our daily Harry Potter talk so I have to go. Bye I love you.

No comments: