Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grammys!



Holy cow, this album is the art of music at it's best. I downloaded it because I had "1234," the song made popular on the iPod Nano commercials, already downloaded, and I wanted to hear what the rest sounded like.

It's amazing! So amazing! Probably going to be one of my top 5 albums of 2008 even though it was released last year.

In the midst of my endorsing this album I kept saying, "Wow it really needs to be nominated for a Grammy."

Low and behold little miss Feist was nominated for:

Best New Artist
Best Female Pop Performance ("1234")
Best Pop Vocal Album
Best Short Form Music Video

I hope that she wins every one of them. Winning Best New Artist has always been a huge Grammy award to win. Though she's up against Amy Winehouse, Paramore, Taylor Swift, and Ledisi. I think she could win it if Amy doesn't win it. Since Amy is in rehab, you kind of have to lend the win to Feist.

I'm so happy that I was all about this album and didn't even realize that it was nominated. When that happens I always feel like I have good taste in music.

That being said, I am a huge Amy supporter. I am excited for her performance live via telecast tonight. Or will it be via telecast? Let's just say I have inside info. You heard it here first! ;)

My question is, when Amy performs, will she be performing "Rehab?" Becuase, yeah they did make her go to rehab, yes, yes, yes. Ironic, no?

The 50th Annual Grammy Awards are on tonight at 8:00 EST.

No comments: