Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Help A Brotha Out


Alright people, time to be a good person.

My good friend Mason DeWitt, a student at Northern Arizona University, has asked me to donate money to his Relay for Life team there. He's very passionate about it and seems to be focusing a lot of his energy towards it, so I told him I would help him out.

Personally, I will be donating $70 (haha) over the next month or so.

You can donate a minimum of $5, and it's definitely put towards a good cause. The American Cancer Society is an awesome way to spread awareness and survivorship for those that have passed away with cancer, those struggling with it, those who have survived, and the families and friends that are just as much a part of this epidemic.

Some of you may know my good friend C'Anna Keffer, who at 17 was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. She is the Survivorship Chairperson for Colleges Against Cancer here at WVU. I helped C'Anna write a budget proposal in our business writing class that proposed the idea of getting even 1% of the $77,000 that she raised last year. The American Cancer Society says no, but we're working on that.

Anyway to make a donation click here. It's worth a great cause, and if you do end up donating, let me know so I can let Mason know who decided to donate!

No comments: