Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Home to the Tunes of The Verve

Touch down to the sound of "Bittersweet Symphony" playing on my iPhone, and it couldn't be anymore ironic.

I'm back in the States, and I have to say this time around I really don't want to be. I love America, and everyone that I know here, but my Italian excursion was much more appealing this time around. I actually thought about extending my time there and changing my flight but, as always, money rules the world, and my life.

That being said, my time back home has been fantastic! I've upgraded about every part of my life. I got a new haircut that I like, new clothes, and best of all A NEW CAR (pictures coming soon)!!

As my previous post outlines, I met the most amazing people on my trip. They made me want to realign my life and live in a big penthouse in Milan and eat fresh fruit every day for the rest of my life. But, that is vacation...or is it? Is there a way I can make this part of my life? I've never been one to parallel my life with what I'm being told to do. I make things happen for myself, and maybe just maybe if I can find a way to eat fresh fruit on a Penthouse roof every day for the rest of my life, I will do it.

My family reunion was the other day. It was kind of chilly and windy, but I had a lot of fun. Check out my aunt Chere's blog here and you can see my beautiful family and all of the pictures she took. She's the best. Aurora and I bonded. I woke up Sunday morning to her poking my eyes. Needless to say she was a handful the entire day. The family loved her. There were some awkward moments when people would ask if she was mine, and I had to explain that she was my deceased uncle's. But, there is a small part of me that realizes that she actually is mine. I'm just as much a part of her life now as Josh would have been. I take pride in that.

It's off to Johnny's to have fun with more little ones! I just can't get enough. They love me. I love them. It's a win-win situation. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th! :)

*Photo is of me, Umberto (left) and Tiziano (right) the day of the final show of my camp in Rome. Love those guys!

No comments: