Sunday, July 20, 2008

My iPhone Reprieve


Let me begin with saying that no, that is not my iPhone! But, mine was in pretty bad shape. I had some dead pixels on my screen since about a month after I got it (probably from dropping it), and then a hairline crack down by the home button that just magically appeared on Memorial Day. I honestly have no idea how the crack got there, but it did.

So when I was with C'Anna the other day in line at the AT&T store for her to pick up her 16GB iPhone 3G (kind of jealous), I over heard one of the guys behind the counter saying that if there are dead pixels on the screen, the one year warranty covers it. I was thinking wow, this could be a good chance to get a brand new phone. Though, I wasn't expecting an iPhone 3G, I was hopeful that since they have the new ones that I might be able to get one.

Anyway, the hairline crack could have been ruled as accidental damage, so I was scared that may void my warranty. I ended up going to Pittsburgh yesterday to the Apple Store, and having them look at it, and whadd'ya know they replaced my iPhone with a new original one!

I almost forgot how beautiful the original iPhone is, and after having it I have to say I like my model better than the 3G. The aluminum just looks not as cheap, and a lot more sleeker in my opinion. Anyway, I put a cover on it, but for any of you iPhone people out there, make sure that you protect and love your phone.

No comments: