Thursday, July 29, 2004

I Like Showers For Different Reasons Than Most Guys My Age

I'm not getting x-rated on my very own blog right here...I have more class than that. ;)

I just got out of the shower, and I was realizing how important and comforting it is to have a shower everyday. I appreciate the shower a lot. One reason is because it's just you and the shower, for the next couple minutes, ya know? I mean it's the one time of the day that you can be in a small little space, feeling fine, and getting clean. The best part of the shower is that for the next couple of minutes people can't expect anything from you. You know what I am saying? I mean you say, "Hey I'm gonna jump in the shower." Once you're in there, people can't expect anything from you. You are totally secluded from the world. It's just you, the faucet, and some fine smellin' Herbal Essence taking care of business.

So, the most depressing time is when you know it's time to get out (No, I don't check my fingertips to see if they are pruny).  How do I know when to get out? It's when I am turning the cold water knob to the right (to make the water hotter), and I can no longer turn, but the water is colder than it was when I first got in. Basically, I know when to get out, when I have used up all the hot water. It's then and only then, that I know my cue to be done with this eutopia of steam has arrived. I do get sad. I really do. You turn off the water and you're just standing there naked. For me, I open the shower curtain, reach for my towel and start to black out because the water was so damn hot. So hot that the rush of cold air was creating small thunderstorms in my bathroom. (Shut up, I used to watch the weather channel all day when I was younger.)

BUT, the worst feeling in all the world is when I go to put on my shirt. I don't know if I am the only one that has felt this but I will try to describe it. You know when you get out of the shower and you are putting your shirt on and its just about half way on and you get this weird like 'cold-chill' type feeling? Do you know what I mean? It makes me feel HORRIBLE like I've murdered someone but it kind of tickles at the same time. It usually puts me in a bad mood.

...or maybe I am psycho who knows?

Anyway, I hope you all appreciate your showers as much as I do. I just got out, but I think I am going to go take another. Adios!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Showers are refreshing and...secluded...hey, you told me I could comment on anything I wanted. But, I'm outta words, lol.

Peacz,
Lora

Anonymous said...

man im just wierd i shower like everyother day. It doesnt matter to me haha. As long as I don't smell like crap I'm happy. -Trevor