Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Life in the Past Month

Well, it's obviously been a long time since I have posted on this thing (almost two months). However, I have decided (thanks to Mike over at gotzeus.com, who updates his blog regularly...which makes me very jealous) to update on what's been happening in my life the past month and a half.

I've been hanging out with people nearly every day. Rachel, Andy, Danny, Lyndsay, Kim, Jackie, Josh, Lacy, and Andrea have been my life, basically. It's been a lot of fun, and this summer has been a lot of fun so far, thanks to each of them.

There was a weird argument with a certain best friend that lasted two weeks, but just as I have said from the beginning: true friends will be the ones that you can't function without. And after two of the weirdest, non-functioning weeks of my life, I had realized that arguments over nothing lead to nothing. Thus, things are back to normal and I love it.

Rachel has me hooked on the Harry Potter franchise, or series, or empire...whichever hierarchial term one would give to this phenomenon. I remember always thinking to myself, "What's so great about the books? Why are people throwing babies over this Harry Potter rubbish?" Well, now I know. I just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and I am in love with it. I am about half way done Chamber of Secrets, and it's a blast so far! Thank you Rachel for getting me in to this stuff because I absolutely love it.

Finally, I have not been playing much tennis. :( See what happened was I had to get my racket restrung, and I had it back for maybe two weeks, and the strings broke again. So I took it back to get strung, and they (Personal Best Athletics) had it for almost two weeks. I would call everyday and ask them if they had it done, and they would tell me, "Call back tomorrow between one and five, and someone will tell you." So I would and I never heard anything about it. Finally, two weeks after I had given the store my racket to be strung, a woman calls and tells me that she can't string my racket because there is a crack in it....

.....

.....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I just got this racket back in March because my other racket had a mysterious crack in it as well.

So, I went to get my racket, and of couse the crack is nearly microscopic. But, I suppose any crack is enough to not be able to put pressure on the frame. So, it's been a good month since I've played a match. You can check out my tennis here.

Well, that's enough of a read for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Back to Chamber of Secrets!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we're back together. I love you~