Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm A Published Author!

Good news everyone! A while ago, I set a few goals in my life that I thought were reasonable. It would take some time, and a lot of effort, but I knew I could do it. I don't like to tell people my goals before they happen, because I like them to be personal. One of them was to be a published author by my 21st birthday, and it looks like that's going to happen!

I submitted a sonnet to the Allegany Arts Council that I wrote for my Poetry class last semester, for a journal/review of literature of students and professors in the greater appalachian area. It turns out they were interested in publishing it!!! The poem is called "When I Compare You to a Rainy Day." It's a Shakesperean sonnet, and it will be published in the Backbone Mountain Review this December!!! I am so excited! Hopefully this is just a glimpse of what's to come.

I had been working on a book for a few years now...on and off again. After my laptop crashed a few years ago, I lost everything and started fresh. I uploaded it to a server that no one knows about, so that it will be available wherever I am, and I can add to it whenever I want. After the success I've had with my poetry, I think I am going to start working on it again!

Just thought I'd share some good news! WOOOO!

Check out the website, with the complete list of accepted authors here.

No comments: