Sunday, December 17, 2006

Person of the Day: Tanya Sanders (My Therapist)

Well, Tanya isn't my actual therapist, but she might as well have a doctorate in the damn study because she is the best advice-giver and listener I've ever met.

How do I know Tanya? She is my last roommate's best friend. Tanya just exemplifies what it means to be a friend in every sense of the word. I first met her while I was at Frostburg, when my last roommate introduced me to her. Since then, we've hit it off, and she has really been one of my best friends.

Anytime I have a story I need to tell, she listens, and laughs, and gives me feedback. Anytime I am having a bad day and I call her, she is there to listen and give me support and advice on how to make my day better. I'm sure some of her skills were achieved during her training to become a teacher. However, her huge heart, unmatched personality and soothing voice are intangibles that can not be denied.

Tanya, living hundreds of miles away in another country, never lets the distance be an issue for her friends. She is more than willing to travel to experience that human interaction that seems to be lost with a lot of people these days. Last year, Tanya even remembered my birthday and sent me a card which arrived on my birthday! ! She is so amazing.

Another thing that will bring Tanya and myself together in the afterlife is that we are both infatuated with Harry Potter. I can recall many in depth analytical conversations about Harry Potter with her. Unfortunately, I am not able to find these with many people in my life. Thus, I appreciate this friendship to a whole other degree! ;)

Many people reading this probably will never have the opportunity to meet Tanya, as she lives in Canada. But let me tell you that you are definitely missing out in life if you don't know her. I can't say enough good things about her. She is just one of the most all around amazing people I have ever had the privelege to know.

So, Tanya if you are reading this, I hope you and your family have an amazing holiday! Thank you so much for being one of my best friends in life. I love you! :)

No comments: