Saturday, June 30, 2007

Allergy Season Is Destroying My Respiratory System

For those of you that have allergies, I am sure you can relate in some way to the picture to the left. 

Man, I thought that this summer I was going to make it through without any sinus headaches, or any sneezing, and itching, but I guess I was being facetious.

Usually, every May I get really bad sinus problems/itching issues. Last May before I left to teach in Italy, I had a sinus headache literally for 3 weeks straight. I am not even being sarcastic. Literally when I woke up and when I fell asleep I would have a throbbing headache...for 3 straight weeks. Finally, right before I left for Italy, something snapped and it went away. But, I remember being so scared because I thought I was going to get on the plane and my head was going to explode. That's how it has felt the last couple of days too.

For those of you that are reading this and have serious sinus issues like I do, let me recommend a product that actually seemed to work. Now it could have just been that my sinuses were finally clearing up anyway because I had been dealing with them for about a week and a half now. But, yesterday I ran up to Wal Mart and I saw Benadryl Severe Allergy and Headache. I came home and took one pill and ate a sub from Subway and literally in like 3 hours I had NO sinus pressure in my head. It was amazing. I wish I would have known this last summer because I was literally crying every night because my head hurt soooo bad. 

Now, before this year, I was usually taking Allegra for my allergies/sinus issues, but it didn't really ever help. I think my body sort of built up a tolerance because it worked the first time I used it and then never again. Hopefully I have helped someone out by posting this. I would hope that I would run across a blog like this if I were up in the middle of the night with an excruciatingly painful headache to help me out too.

Also, for the record I think that Danny, Jackie, Kim, and I will be traveling to New York City near the end of July, so that is going to be fun. I hope that Kim reads Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by then because I am going to want to talk to someone about it. 

Anyway, if you are having allergy problems I wish you the best of luck. Maybe my advice will end up helping someone out! 

Peace the FUNK out ya'll!

No comments: