Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flat Canday!

Well, I went to Pittsburgh two nights ago with Matt. He knew some friends up there and so we had nothing better to do, and went.

It was a lot of fun. We stayed at Corey's apartment which was right across the street from this place called Tobacco Outlet which apparently sells cigars and "Canday." I thought it was absolutely hilarious, so enjoy that.

We ended up at some trashy strip club, where I got bitched at because Matt and his friend Bryce didn't tip. All I remember were a bunch of vaginas and nasty old men. I decided to go out to my car and see if I could get a wireless signal on my laptop. It was that bad.

So the ride home the next day was eventful. We drove to Morgantown which was half-way and had lunch. Then, I was about 20 minutes from Cumberland and I hear a really loud grinding noise. Then suddenly, I knew that it was my tire. Keep in mind that before this happened, when my car would hit 60m.p.h. my steering wheel would shake...to the point that it would hurt my arm. But what do I know! It'll be fine right!?

Wrong!

I pulled over to see my tired completely flat. I know how to change a tire, but as it turns out Honda makes it impossible for one to change one's tire. We got the spare out and realized that we didn't have a jack. So, I'm on the phone with my grandfather (ironically, his name is Jack...) and I'm like, "We don't have a jack! Should I call the police!?" I'm also screaming because I'm 3 feet from tractor trailers off of I-68. As I'm on the phone with him, we find the jack...which is BOLTED to the car apparently. So anyway we ended up getting it unstuck, 20 minutes later. 

Then, after we had the damn thing jacked up (haha) we couldn't get the damn wheel cover off! So, we spent another 20 minutes trying to find something that would pry the wheel cover off and eventually did. The last 20 minutes of the experience was happening in mild rain, I mind you.

Needless to say it has been a very interesting last couple of days. But, you know it's all in good fun! Yeah it sucks that my tire blew out but at least it didn't happen on some highway in Pittsburgh. Oh yeah, Pittsburgh...could you get some signs please? Thanks that would be great.

Blogger sucks, so check out the picture of Matt and my flat here!

No comments: