Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Spaghetti Fiasco


Man, it's so hot today! I am not sure what the temperature was outside. It was twice as hot inside, because the green house effect turns my home in to an oven, and for whatever reason my grandparents (who usually have issues with the temperature) always decide to never turn the air conditioning on. It's really annoying. I'm so used to living at my apartment in Morgantown, which either has the heat on all the time if it's winter, or the air on when it's summer. And if it's in between, I at least have the fan running to keep the air flowing, you know? Anyway, enough of this nonsense. 

What did I do today, you ask? Well, I woke up at Matt's, as usual. For whatever reason I've been staying there a lot more lately. Actually, the reason I stay there so often can best be explained in the following situation that occurred the very instant I walked in to my house for the first time this morning. Here's how it went:

Scene: my grandmother, my cousin Aurora who is 3, and me

Grandmother: "Oh look Aurora, there's Johnny! She's eating spaghetti Johnny!"
Me: "Awesome, that's what I made for dinner last night!" [smiles]
Grandmother: [not looking at me] "Yeah, and Johnny doesn't know how to clean up after himself, and tell Johnny that you do a better job of cleaning up after yourself than he does, Aurora!" [still not looking at me].
Me: [rolls eyes and sighs] [exeunt]

End scene.

Like what the hell? First of all, let it be known that I cleaned my damn spaghetti situation up. I dirtied one plate, one fork, and a pan...all of which were rinsed and put in the sink. Sometimes, I think that my family just thinks of things that aren't big deals, to bitch at me about because I do nothing wrong. I'm not just saying that. I mind my business, and I live a normal life.

Excuse the hell out of me for making spaghetti and then cleaning up after myself.

Anyway, summer is closing, and here is how much I have finished for my upcoming 4th of college: 0.

Enough said.

No comments: