Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tribute to Friends: Brittney Tyler

So I know I've done this before...I think back around Christmas or New Year's maybe, whenever I was feeling sentimental.

I was checking out Rachel's MySpace blog, and she had a very nice piece about her friends that helped her come out of her shell and make her who she is, and I was really inspired to write about my friends again.

Because, it's very true that my friends are my family. I don't think to separate the two at all. I love them both with my whole heart and would do anything for any of them. 

Brittney, in particular has been one of the most stabilizing forces in my life, if not the most stabilizing. The picture added to this entry was the first picture (as far as either of us know) of the two of us. We believe it was taken at our 7th grade Washington Middle School music concert. Brittney plays the flute and I play the cello and were in band and orchestra respectively.

I met Brittney in gym class in 6th grade. We sat next to each other on the floor because our last names were near each other (Thrasher, Tyler naturally). I didn't particularly like gym class. I mean I loved being athletic, I just didn't enjoy being sweaty and then having to go to other classes and such that day. But, I had a huge crush on Brittney, so she made going to gym class rather nice.

I would try to impress Brittney with my humor (what else?). I thought that by talking to a fictional character that was a ghost named Duke, would make her laugh. She would turn around and look at me, and I would be in mid conversation with something that was not there. She didn't think it was funny at the time, and in fact thought that I was really creepy and probably schizophrenic. In retrospect, it is one of the funniest things we've ever heard.

So apparently she got over it because in 8th grade, we held hands at a football game. Apparently we did it to make other people talk because everyone thought we were dating at the time anyway. We were basically like Brangelina, so...in your face.

Then we thought the other was disgusting by 9th grade, and went to a Blink-182 concert at the 9:30 Club, which was awesome! 

Anyway, Brittney and I have been through so much together. There is just something about being friends with someone so long that really makes you appreciate life. I have been so blessed to have met her, because she has completely been the single biggest influence in my life. She motivates me, and surprises me every time I talk to her, still. Our story never ends, and I know it never will, so Brittney, if you are reading this, I love you so much and thank you for everything that we have shared together.

No comments: