Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Spiders Transforming on the Fourth

So, I went to see Transformers today with Kate. It was basically an unbelievable movie. I'm not sure if it was just the fact that I saw Fantastic Four earlier this week and hated it, but I found myself VERY excited about this movie.

Before today I wasn't VERY excited about this movie. I knew it would be something I would want to see but not sure if the story line was going to be unique yet not cheesy. I have to admit the story line was actually really good, and kept me interested.

Again, the special effects are truly something to see in this film. I don't know if software has been updated in the movie world or what, but I'm having a hard time believing things are animated these days. Coming from someone that is obsessed with comic book movies, Harry Potter franchise and the like, that's definitely something to notice.

Even if you don't think you would like a movie based on talking robots from an alien planet, I would say give it a shot. Shia LaBeouf is also VERY good in this movie. He's come a long way since Even Stevens, that's all I have to say.

Did you know that he was homeless before he got on to Even Stevens, and that he used all of that money from the show to support his family? How amazing is he? I've always liked movies with Shia in them, but that really made me appreciate him even more.

The fourth of July was pretty eventful today. I rushed home from seeing Transformers and ate some cookout food with my grandparents and aunt. It was delicious as usual. Then I took a long nap which consisted of a nightmare about spiders wrapping baby squirrels in their webs and stuff. Ew it was disgusting, let's not talk about it. All I remember is waking up in a fiery sweat and breathing deeply. 

After that fiasco, I went to Brittney's house for a while, where her entire family was sitting around post-barbeque. We played with Photobooth and then tried to watch fireworks from Brittney's roof, but a swarm of bats were threatening me, so I had to get down. 

I had an awesome fourth of July, and I hope everyone else did too! ! !

No comments: