Friday, July 06, 2007

Roman Candles

Tonight was a fun night! I hung out with Johnny, Courtney and Cory for a while. We went to the Banana Leaf tonight for dinner, which is Thai food and it was delicious. Usually that kind of food makes my stomach hurt, but it was actually really good tonight.

After that, I came home and took a short nap, and then met up with Rachel and Kari at some ridiculously nice house full of young just-graduated Allegany High School people, that all act really awkward around me for some reason. Kari and I talked about people, and made fun of someone that pooped in a drain and then cried in a mini cooper, and then Rachel and I peaced the f*** out.

We ended up meeting Matt and a guy named Mr. Huffington at Appels, a somewhat sleezy bar here in Cumberland. It was full of middle aged women with bangs, and tight jeans, dancing through smoke to the likes of the Dixie Chicks, and Travis Tritt. Needless to say, we didn't stay there long. We ended up going to Matt's to get fireworks, and heading up to Dan's Rock to set them off.

So, we get there and there is a huge wind gust coming up over the mountain, so it was freezing cold. Mr. Huffington didn't come with us, so it was just Rachel, Matt and myself. Rachel and I huddled together as Matt set the first couple of bottle rockets off. The first one was set off in my car on the way up, but that doesn't count.

After a few bottle rockets, Matt pulls out a "Roman Candle." This firework shoots huge balls of fire every couple of seconds. Well Matt had it nice and situated on a rock, but the wind blew it down...right down below mine and Rachel's feet! So every couple of seconds there was a huge explosion near our feet and we had no where to go because we were in this little caged in area that spectators can stand. We screamed and I think I may have did No.2 at some point. But, in all it was fun! Matt was laughing his ass off at me freaking out. I mean the stupid firework was pointing basically right at me. Not to mention, they are very loud! 

They were cool effects, I would just appreciate it if they weren't pointing towards my face and such. As it is, I am sure we will be back there tomorrow night doing the same thing! :)

No comments: