Friday, March 28, 2008

Blogging From The City


So, I am in New York City this weekend and I've only been here for a few hours and it has been a blast. My best friend Johnny goes to school in Long Island so I came up with his mom and dad to surprise him for his birthday weekend!

We got a hotel that is literally feet from Times Square and it is so nice!

Today we got here around 2:30, and got in to the hotel by about 3:00. Then we went to Dallas BBQ (pictures to come soon) and then shopped the rest of the night.

I didn't find too much that I liked, except two pairs of rinky dink sandals (white and orange) and a striped v-neck tee at Old Navy which I didn't even find until the end of the night.

One of Courtney and Johnny's friends that I have known via Facebook and AIM is Phillip. He's awesome and was one of the people I was hoping to see while I was up here. But, he had friends in so we weren't sure if we were going to be able to get together. So, Courtney, Johnny, and I are in H&M near Times Square, and I am definitely checking this guy's jeans out. I think they are awesome and I wish that I had them. I look up and it's PHILLIP! I'm like "PHILLIP!" He can't believe it. Courtney can't believe it. Johnny can't believe it, and I sure as hell can't believe it!

Out of all of the people in New York f'ing City to run in to, we run in to Phillip. The best part of the whole thing was that I was just telling Courtney right before we walked in to H&M that I wanted to see him. Furthermore, Phillip and I were both wearing lime green shirts with dark denim jeans. Coincidence? I think not.

Above is a picture of the Empire State Building as we were walking by it. I tried not to look too touristy, but what can you do? More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Chere said...

Great that you're enjoying yourself in NYC, John. Be safe.
Love, Aunt Chere