Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Financial Aide Office and Wind Turbines

You know it's a bad day when seeing wind turbines is the highlight of your day. Yeah today sucked really bad. It couldn't get much worse. Here's what's up.

So, for the past couple months I have had a hold on my university account. A hold is when you have an obligation of sorts that keeps you from progressing with your life, basically. If you have a hold you can not register for classes, you can not graduate from the university...and I am sure there are many more consequences that I will eventually come across, that I don't know about yet.

Bascially what it comes down to is that I had a hold...fixed it...and when I got back from fixing that hold, I checked my status, and I had another hold.

So I called the unbelievably rude "professionals" that work at the financial aide office and asked them what was going on. I had to get a form turned in before I could have my loans dispursed. Even though this is something that I have been dealing with all semester long, (because my mother had to get me her tax forms) they decided to go ahead and put a hold on my account THE DAY BEFORE I SCHEDULE FOR CLASSES.

I later find out that it takes up to 7 days for the paperwork to be processed and my hold to be lifted. So, I won't be registering for classes today, and I probably won't get any of the classes that I want.

Yeah it sucks.

So, Brittney had to go back to Seton Hill to return some books from when she was there, and she asked me to go, so I went with her. On the way there, I look to my left and there are atleast 10 HUUUUUUUUUUUGE wind turbines...you know the things that spin and convert wind in to energy!? It was amazing! I never realized how unbelievably big the blades were, and how high they were in to the air.

I know most people don't find wind turbines the least bit fascinating, but seeing them all together like that and on top of a mountain was very exciting to me, for some reason. Oddly enough that was a highlight of the day!

We went to Seton Hill, and had a blast. We met up with some of Brittney's friends from school when she was there and they were a great time. It was nice to get my mind of things, and we had a blast doing it.

So, anyway, I just thought I would vent by writing about my day. I hope all of you had a better day than I. And, if you are reading this and you go to Frostburg, I hope you got all the classes you wanted...because I probably won't. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wind turbines ARE fascinating--I did my thesis on them. (Seriously.) See, your day wasn't *that* bad.

-darrin