Monday, November 29, 2004

...When Is Winter Break?

Yeah it's only the first day back from break, and I arleady am looking forward to winter break. It's kind of pathetic. All I want to do is do nothing at all. I sit and I wonder when I will have a break from school, but what will I be doing? Nothing at all. This vacation was good, but I am looking more forward towards Christmas now.

It didn't feel like Christmas until Friday, when Thanksgiving was finally over with. Although, plenty of places had lights and decorations up for Christmas as early as Halloween. I really love Christmas. I was thinking today about how much I hate the cold weather, and I wish it would go away. But, in reality I don't hate it at all. I love the fall, I love the crisp air. I love being able to wear jeans, and feel comfortable. It always feels like a movie when it's Christmas time. It always feels like everyone loves each other around Christmas time. So, I appreciate that.

I always told myself that when I get older, I would move away to some place where it's hot year round. I probably won't, now that I think about it. If I did move away, I would come back to Cumberland to see my family all winter. I just have to be in the cold when it's December and all Christmas-like.

Jake is going to have to deal with my love for Christmas. When I lived at home, I would always have Christmas lights up, and decorate my room for Christmas, and that's not going to change. I am thinking about getting lots of icicle lights and hanging them from the ceiling...and covering up the light in the room that blasts 400000000000 watts of electricity so that my eyes melt when I walk in to the room. I really hate that light. With these icicle lights, we can turn them on and use those as light...so that it's just enough light and it feels like Christmas! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Anyway, the semester is almost over and that's exciting! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I will try to post as much as I can this week!

No comments: