Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Moving Out & Gobletting

Wow! I just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was absolutely amazing. It's 3:49a.m. right now, but I am too excited about what has happened at Hogwart's to really go to bed. I am about to read a chapter of the next book (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) before I go to bed -- just so I can say I started it.

I am looking forward to the next two books, but also am sad that after I have read Half-Blood Prince, I will have to wait a long time before the 7th and final book of the series is published.

For those of you who have read the series, highlight the following gap for my thoughts on the Goblet of Fire thus far. For those of you who haven't read it, and don't want to read spoilers about the book, do NOT highlight below this point.

I couldn't believe it when Cedric died. It was the first death of a character in the series and I wasn't really prepared for it. I was really sad that he died, right after he had won the Triwizard Tournament with Harry. At least he died doing something he loved, right? What about Moody!?!?!?! I couldn't believe it when I had read it.

One thing I really liked about this book is that it didn't feature Snape a lot. I loved Snape's part in this book a lot. It was just enough for me. I am still wishing that he would at least cut Harry some sort of break, so that Harry isn't so worried. Snape seems like he may have a good side, and maybe those of you who are up to date with it, can agree or disagree silently at your computer screens (as I have not read past Goblet of Fire, and would not like to discuss the happenings of the following two books! : ) ).

Furthermore, I was really excited, sad, and overwhelmed when Harry's parents climbed out of that wand. I was hoping there would be more conversation with his parents, but all Harry said was, "Yes" to his mother. I understand they are echoes of the Priori Incantatem spell, but that's still a glimmer of hope for Harry.


Finally, J.K. Rowling is a genius.

Secondly, I am moving to Morgantown on Saturday!!!! I can't believe it's already here. I am really nervous about it all, but I am sure once I get there and everything starts happening as a routine, I will become much less nervous.

I must admit, I am going to miss Frostburg State. In some ways at least. I will miss knowing that I was comfortable there, regarding my grades, finances, and so on. That was easy for me. Right now that's not the case and it's very troublesome. I am going to miss my friends from there, and I am going to miss Brittney and Kristin's house, and being able to go there whenever I wanted to see my best friends.

Sorry that the grammar and everything is bad within this post. I am just writing what's on my mind, and that's what I like to do.

I must start Order of the Phoenix immediately. Goodbye for now! :)

No comments: